I Have The Bug

Okay, its not what you think, but I have caught the bug to knit socks. I have never knit a pair of socks before, but after reading so many blogs out there about sock knitting and seeing all of the cool sock yarn I think I'm hooked!

So I have been snooping around the www looking at all the different sock patterns. There are sooooo many to choose from.......where do I even begin?

First off I went and bought several sizes of double pointed needles and then I went on a search for sock yarn.....let me tell you my city's yarn selection sucks!! Not one single store had sock yarn. I will be in Eugene tomorrow and I am going to stop at Ben Franklin's and pick up some sock yarn.....I know that they have some. I am going to attempt to make a pair of socks and after I completely botch the first pair (I say that because I know from experience that I will) I will get online and purchase some good quality yarn.

I just wish that I had someone near me that I could lean on for help. I live in a small town and don't know too many people around here. I am a self-taught crocheter and knitter. My Great-Grandmother tried to teach me to crochet when I was 5 or 6 years old but I never really caught on but boy could I make a great chain and then I would try to turn it around to make a single crochet.....but it never turned out (now I know that I was doing free form....LOL).

So if there is anyone in the Sutherlin/Roseburg area that would like to get together and help teach me to knit socks, I would love to get together sometime.

1 comment:

sheep#100 said...

Socks ARE awesome - and no place near me carries sock yarn. One place a bit afield has some but not too much. I rely on the Internet for sock yarn purchases. Good luck. You'll do great. Socks are the best.