Happy Birthday To Me!

Today I awoke feeling very excited because it was my birthday. That excitement didn't last long however because I immediately fell 15 feet out of bed to the floor below! I badly bruised my nose, other than that I was ok, but it put me in an irritated mood.

I was still looking forward to opening my presents though. I got downstairs to find about 10 balloons all saying '7 today!'. My daughter said she was sorry but those were all she could find.
My husband gave me my first present. I was really hoping for a candy bar, I hinted several times that I wanted one. However, what he actually bought me was a squashed bannana. I have no idea what to do with a normal bannana let alone a squashed one!

Anyway I knew my daughter would get me that cd I really really wanted because I'd already told her 39 times to get it for me. I was slightly doubtful because the present was more grass hut shaped than cd shaped. I was right, she'd actually bought me a grass hut!! And not only a grass hut but a 5 foot grass hut.

I was slightly cringing in embarrassment at that point, but i could hardly contain my embarrassment when they brought out out the finger shaped birthday cake. I ate it anyway...who can resist cake?! (even if it is apple flavored!)

My birthday kept getting better when my sister gave me some handmade knitted purple bra's with little pictures of cat's and rock's on them.

The night ended on a spectacular high note when hubby popped open a bottle of pepsi for us all!
Oh well, maybe my next birthday will be better!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LOL....Just a little Birthday Humor. That's really not how I spent my birthday.
I actually woke up to a beautiful sunny day. Went on a 2 mile walk, worked in my yard, sat by my koi pond and played a couple of computer games.

Then hubby made dinner (went to my favorite pizza restaurant and ordered my favorite pizza--bar-b-que chicken). My family sang Happy Birthday to me and we ate german chocolate cake and ice cream.

I received a new computer chair, yarn, double pointed knitting needles, 5 skeins of yarn, the Interweave Crochet magazine and Knit n Style magazine and a pair of gardening gloves.

In summary, I had an awesome day!!

1 comment:

NewLifestyle said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A NICE BIRTHDAY. I AM KNEW TO THE LOOM GROUP AND STOPPED IN TO SEE YOUR WORKS IN PROGREES. THEY ARE NICE, I LIKE THE PRAYER SHAWL. MY BIRTHDAY WAS ALSO THE 18TH---I TURNED 53. HERE IS THE BLOG THAT I KEEP UP---STOP BY AND VIST SOMETIME
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/kahud48

KATHY