Can You Say "Totally Irritating"


I was working on the sweater for my niece today while getting a pedicure (birthday gift from my mother-in-law). Well as I was pulling the yarn from the skein and crocheting away, all of a sudden a huge flaw in the yarn appeared. Thank goodness I was at the end of a row so I could just cut the flawed yarn and continue to crochet more rows. But after I cut the yarn and started to work the next row, there was a break in one of the threads in the yarn, so I proceeded to frog that row and pull more yarn from the skein. I think I pulled about 2 yards of yarn out before I got to a non-flawed section of the yarn. This was really frustrating to say the least, but I was able to continue working on the sweater. I personally have never experienced this with a skein of yarn and I am thankful that it was not an expensive novelty or wool yarn that I was working with. I am almost finished with the main part of the back of the sweater. Oh and by the way, you can make one of these sweaters too....the pattern is from the current Interweave Crochet magazine and it is very easy.

P.S....Sorry, no pics of the projects in progress today, maybe tomorrow!!

No comments: