Look What I Got!

I finally got a yarn swift! I am so excited to finally have one of these. I used some of my birthday money to purchase this. I have sooo many hanks of yarn that are just waiting to be turned into yarn cakes! My kids thought it was pretty cool too and took turns trying it out.
I Have A FO!

I also wanted to show off a FO! I finished this scarf about a month ago but just haven't gotten around to posting about it. I used size 13 needles and CO 18 stitches and worked it in garter stitch (very simple I know). I used 2 skeins of Noro Tidiori yarn. The fiber content of this yarn is
60% Rayon, 35% Nylon, 5% Cashmere, so this scarf is pretty soft. This was fun to knit up just to see the color changes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the Swift! I am all for empowered knitters! Love the scarf too--pretty colors:)

Quail Hill Knits said...

A swift is a winderful thing. You no longer have to coerce family members into holding the skein while you wind it off. Or worse, laying the skein on the floor and trying to wind it without tangling the entire thing into a unusable tangle that will take hour to undo.
Congratulations on your FO. The colors are very pretty.

Shannon said...

That is a really cute scarf!

-Shannon
(from SSK-hey thanks a bunch for the link!)