Enough Is Enough!

What would you do if your boss called you up from home asking you to read some emails to her over the phone that she had received and then during that call she starts screaming at you and insulting and belittling you? You try to explain that you are just the messenger in the whole ordeal but you continue to receive the insults.

Well this is what happened to me a week ago yesterday and it happened not once, but four times that day. My boss called me up four separate times during the day and started screaming at me over the phone. I finally said "I am not sure what you are expecting of me. You asked me to read you your emails and I did. I am not the one that sent the emails. I am just the messenger in all of this and I refuse to continue to be treated with such disrespect." There was dead silence on the other end of the phone. Then she politely hung up and about 5 minutes later called back to tell me "I think I have the information I need here at home." There was no apology or anything! Now granted she had just had surgery and is at home recovering and I would normally just chock this up to her being in pain and on pain meds, but this is not the first time this sort of thing has happened. This is just her way of dealing with things and I am not the only one in the office that has experience this sort of abuse from her.

Well I said enough is enough and went into full action looking for another place of employment. I had an interview yesterday for a position at a doctor's office/GI Endoscopy Center as a medical assistant. I hadn't been home more than 2 minutes last night when the phone rang and it was the doctor's office calling to offer me the position. I thanked them for the offer and asked them if I could discuss it with my husband and give them an answer on Monday. They said that was fine. I have sat down and gone through all the pro's and con's about taking the position and the only con I can come up with is the fact that I would have to get up at 5 a.m. every morning to be at work at 6:30 a.m. The pay is the same as my current pay and after 90 days I would get an increase. The benefits are better and every 8 weeks I would get a week off.

This has been a very stressful few months for me and I dread going to work every morning. I am not getting any younger and I would really like to enjoy my place of employment. It's time to move on. No one should have to endure abuse at work. I am going to give my notice on Monday. Who knows, maybe Monday will be my last day. I am ready to hear the screaming again and have my speech prepared. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Twelfthknit said...

That's one mean woman - glad to read that you have a new job. Hope it wirks out,
India