Terminated?

I accepted the job offer from the doctor's office for the medical assistant position on Monday and I submitted my letter of resignation giving 2 weeks notice. In my letter I stated that my last day of employment would be effective February 15th.

Today I received a call from my boss that she was terminating my employment as of today. I am assuming that just means she is letting me off the hook and I don't have to complete my last 2 weeks of work ( hence letter of resignation means I quit and you can't fire me because I quit). I let my co-workers know that today was my last day and their response was "We're surprised she let you continue working as long as she did. She never lets employees continue to work after they give notice."

So on my lunch break I called my new employer to notify them that I could start tomorrow instead of the 16th. They were very excited to hear my news. Their exact words were "We are very excited to have you work with us and we are glad to hear that you are able to start earlier than expected." So I will report to work at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow and I couldn't be happier. One of the benefits of this new job is that every 8 weeks, the doctor takes 10 days off and I get one week off during the time he is gone. How cool is that!

Now that I have updated you all on my work life, I wanted to give an update about my knitting life. Sunday was the Super Bowl and Knitty Gritty was having a Knit In. I worked on a couple projects and learned a new knitting stitch (the butterfly stitch). I will post pictures of my works within the next couple of days. I would do it now but I am just not feeling in the mood to take pics right now.

Anyway, I will let you know how my first day at the new job goes tomorrow.

No comments: