Kissing is not a crime!

Well I received the phone call from the police officer and I asked him my questions. Apparently there are some major flaws in Oregon's age of consent laws. It is not illegal for an adult male (over the age of 18) to kiss a young girl (under the age of 18) in the state of Oregon. I was told that a kiss is not a crime because it is not sexual in nature. If it were a crime then fathers and grandfathers would be going to jail. It only becomes a crime if it is unwanted and forced upon the young girl. She then becomes a victim.

I was like HELLO......a kiss from a father is totally different than a kiss from a man that is pursuing a romantic relationship!

Thank goodness my ex-husband is on the same page I am in all of this and so is this guy's mother.

I believe the dilemma is over finally. Thank goodness!

No comments: