In A Funk


I have been in a bit of a funk for the past few days. Okay, Okay, so I've been in a funk for about 3 weeks. I think it must be the end of summer blahs. Spring and Summer are my favorite seasons and it really disturbs me to know that summer is coming to an end in a few very short weeks. I feel like Summer has come and somehow I missed it. We didn't even do much camping this year. While in this funk I haven't been inspired to really work on my knitting or crocheting. I have been feverishly trying to get out of this funk by looking at all my pattern books and scouring the internet for inspiration. I even ordered two more books to add to my library. I ordered Felted Crochet and Scarf Style. If anyone out there has these books, let me know what you think of them and what projects you have enjoyed the most.

On another note, I have been having a lot of pain in my feet. So I went to the doctor and explained to her that I work 4 to 5 hours a day standing on concrete floors working at our local pizza restaurant. So she prescribed some foot orthotics and instructed me to find other employment. I am still trying to decide what is worse, the padded inserts for my shoes or standing on the concrete or both. I have several job prospects right now and I am just waiting to hear back from them. They range from school district secretary, legal assistant, medical office receptionist, medical billing clerk and insurance sales receptionist. I actually have an interview for the insurance office position tomorrow and out of all the positions that I have applied for, it has the best pay and benefits and room for growth. So wish me luck cause my feet need it!

No comments: