Daydreams















I have been spending a lot of time daydreaming lately about being on the slopes. I guess it must be because our weather has been sooooooo hot! It was 108 degrees this last week.

My husband and I took up downhill skiing 3 years ago and our goal is to ski just about every ski resort we possibly can. We have spent a lot of time at Mt. Bachelor in Bend, Oregon and have made a couple of trips to Mt. Shasta in California. That is were these pick were taken. I would consider myself to be and intermediate moving up to advanced in my skiing abilities. This run happens to be a black diamond which for those of you who are not skiers is a very difficult ski run.



Here we are at
Heavenly in Lake Tahoe. We took these pictures while riding the lift to this slope. We spent my 38th birthday here and skied for 4 days. The views were absolutely breathtaking. On the last day of skiing after finishing one of our runs and getting ready to hop on the lift again we happened to spot a bear and her cubs sitting under a tree just a few yards away from the lift. This was a reminder to us that we are really in the wild when we are on the mountain.













This next year will be a landmark year for me. I am going to be 40. This is hard for me to believe because I certainly don't feel my age. So as I sit here in the heat I daydream about which mountain I will conquer when I am 40. Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort in Whistler BC, Canada is looking like my next challenge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds fun. the pic of you two is cute.

sheep#100 said...

Wish we were in the snow right now!