Sweetpea Complete

Sweetpea is finished and headed to my niece tomorrow.

I love how this sweater turned out and it was very easy to make. The pattern for this sweater can be found in the Spring 2006 issue of Interweave Crochet. It was made with Caron Simply Soft in the color Orchid.

I wish I could be there when my niece tries this on. My niece is 3 years old and she is totally a girly girl. She loves really frilly things and loves the colors pink and purple. I am sure that once she tries this on it will be all my sister can do to get it off of her.

My daughters are headed out in the morning to visit my side of the family in Houston. It has been 2 years since they have seen their grandparents and aunt and uncle. So tomorrow I get to look forward to driving for 3 hours to get to the airport. After my girls take off I plan to try to check out a couple of yarn shops in Portland before I head back on the road for another 3 hour drive back home.

I am looking forward to having nearly 2 weeks of peace and solitude and getting a break from being a taxi driver. I plan to work on some projects while my girls are gone.

Speaking of projects......the socks I started for KWC and I am supposed to have finished by the 9th, well lets just say that they are still in the same spot I left them a couple of weeks ago. So I guess that makes the score: Socks 10, Teri 1 or something like that.

On another note, this month's color is purple, which happens to be my favorite color. I have a lot of yarn in shades of purple so I have been trying to decide what to make in honor of this months color. I guess you could say that Sweetpea is my first project spectrum for this month.

3 comments:

sheep#100 said...

The Sweetpea looks very sweet.

Pam said...

It is Beautiful!

BellaKarma said...

Beautiful! Wish I had it in my size! Plus I love the way you displayed it.