Yarn Miser

I have decided that I am a yarn miser. I was recently going through my stash looking for yarn to part with for a yarn swap and I came across this skein of yarn......now wait a second am I sure this is a skein of yarn or is it tinsel garland for my Christmas tree? Yes it is a skein of No Boundries yarn from Walmart and the name of it is Cher! I don't know what possessed me to buy this yarn but something in me just won't let it go. Why is that? Anyway, I continued looking through my stash looking for yarn to swap and I am having a heck of a time trying to part with any of my yarn. Its not that my stash is so small that if I trade some of it it will really make a difference.(yes I said trade.....so I will end up with the same amount of yarn I started with). And its not like I can't afford to go out and replace what I give away.

So what is the big deal. You would think I was being asked to give away my first born child. I mean come on, what in the heck am I ever going to use this skein of yarn for? If I try to make a scarf out of it everyone will think I have lost my mind. Picture me in a green sweater wearing the scarf around my neck and a pair of those jingle bell earrings and christmas bulb necklace on. The kids in the neighborhood will be whispering to their moms...."Mom, why is that lady decorating herself like a Christmas tree?"

So that is why I have decided that I am a yarn miser. Please tell me that I am not alone. I really am beginning to think I have a sickness.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, I'm a yarn miser too! The yarn box is coming my way this week, and I have no idea which skeins of yarn I'll be able to let go. I want it ALL! You are NOT alone! LOL

BellaKarma said...

I went through my stash earlier today...and ever since then I've been sucking on peppermints to settle my stomach. I buried all the fugly stuff beneath all the pretty skeins. I was sort of afraid I would toss (my cookies) out all the ugly before giving 'em a chance to be bought/traded.

Anonymous said...

What do all of the ambulances mean???

LG said...

You made me laugh!!! You are not alone! I´m yarn sick too! ;)