Socks

I just finished my first sock! Well okay, its kind of a sock. See....


Okay, I know its not an actual sock that I can wear, but my soda sure is enjoying it.

I have tried several times to knit a pair of socks without success. I am extremely determined to complete a pair of socks. I have met Erin of Damn Knit, Ariel of Stariel Knits, Shannon & Stephanie of SSK, Charles of Stitch Stud and His Bride, and Patricia on Skype and they are going to get me through this pair socks. Stephanie and Shannon of SSK podcast started a Skypecast virtual SnB a couple of weeks ago on Skype and it is a total blast! You should come join us on Skype. My handle on Skype is renorainy so give me a buzz sometime and I will introduce you to everyone!

Here's a couple of pictures of my first sock in progress.



On another knitting topic, I have joined the Summer KAL-CAL Purse Round-Up. Marly of Yarn Thing and Jill of Woolcrafting started this KAL-CAL. They are going to be giving away some great prizes. Go check it out and join us!

2 comments:

JulieLoves2Knit said...

Good luck on your sock - once you get the hang of it you'll be addicted! You can do this - it gets easier every row! The gusset is now my favorite part!
Enjoy

YarnThing said...

We are so glad to have you join in the KAL-CAL with us! It has been a pleasure chatting with you too on Skype...I just wish I could do it more!

Keep on with the sock...you will totally LOVE making them by the time you get your first pair done and you start to get the hang of it. I just LOVE making them!

Have a great Weekend.

Marly