Black Sheep Gathering and Nenah

I think I died and went to heaven. Yesterday I went to Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene. I was like a kid in a candy store. There was sooooo much yarn and woolly goodness, it was hard to contain myself. Here is my loot!



A spinning kit complete with 3 balls of roving, a spindle and instruction book, 2 mill end skeins of Socks That Rock and a free pattern. And that's not all! Here is the best part of going to Black Sheep Gathering.

I have been trying to knit socks unsuccessfully for the past year. Just about everyone that I have talked to said that since I don't have a LYS that I should get the DVD's by Nenah. Well guess who just happened to be at BSG!! Nenah of Knitting Korner herself! I was so excited to be able get the DVD's and meet Nenah too. She is the nicest lady and I was flabbergasted to find out that she only lives about an hour away from me. She invited me to come down to Grants Pass and visit her anytime and told me to call her anytime if I had any questions.

This was the best part of the loot I brought home.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Teri! I love the loot and can hardly wait to see those socks emerge:) Yay!

Hey I cast on for my skirt. Not too much progress yet --only have the eylet waist so far. Its really interesting texture though the rowan denim.

JulieLoves2Knit said...

I kept thinking - "There's got to be someone I know here!" I think they should have a blogger booth! It was fun wasn't it - overwhelming to say the least.
Good luck on the socks - just takes practice and then you'll be hooked. They are instant gratification for me and there are sooooo many yarn choices.
I see you went over to the 'dark side' with the roving and all!
Enjoy!

Stephanie said...

I'd like to join the Indigo Ripples KAL. I just bought the yarn today and want to have it done by the time I go to NY (in a month). Maybe being part of the KAL will help me meet that deadline!

BettyM said...

Hi Terri, Found you through the Indigo Ripples KAL. I am a lurker and using the same yarn as you in charcoal. I am not happy with my stitch consistancy but maybe when it is all done and blocked. Anyway, I LOVE that mocius shoulder wrap thingy. Since it was free is there any way you could share or refer?

Would also love to join the KAL.

Have a great day.

Virtuous said...

Wow! That was great you got to meet her! I have seen a couple of her DVDs.

How is it going with knitting socks??