40 isn't old if your a tree!

Today is my 40th birthday. It's kind of hard to believe. I certainly don't feel 40 and I definitely don't act 40. Just ask my kids, they will tell you how I listen to rap and hip hop and sing with it. It's only when I start singing songs from the 80's that they tell me that I am old. This is a picture of my mom holding me the day I was born.


I have had a great birthday so far. Both of my girls woke me up to wish me a "Happy Birthday." My oldest daughter is taking a wood shop class and made me a photo frame. I got up and indulged for breakfast. I had bananas with Nutella on them (this is very very good, you really should try it sometime). I got myself ready for work and I have to say, I am having a very good hair day (this is very important on your 40th birthday). I am wearing all black today because it is very slimming, not because of the death of my youth. When I got to work there were balloons waiting for me on my desk from the girls in the office. They even bought "Birthday" donuts! The doctor I work for even bought us all lunch (Mexican-my favorite) in honor of my birthday. I only had to work for a few hours today and now I am home relaxing. Hubby just asked me what I wanted to order in for dinner (I am thinking Chinese sounds really good).

There has been a lot of secret meetings in my house the past couple days and I have been told that there is something being planned for Saturday. Life just doesn't get any better than today!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Happy Belated Birthday Teri!!!!!!
Hey you look GREAT for 40!