Ta Dah!



This is the triangle shawl I mentioned before that I was working on. I finished it last night. This pattern was super easy and I probably would have had it finished within a couple of days if I hadn't had so many distractions. Speaking of distractions....here is one of the distractions that kept me from finishing the shawl.


I was shopping with one of my co-workers and we came across these adorable felted purses. Well they were adorable until I saw the price tag. They wanted $80 for one of the purses. I was like "holy cow, I can whip one of these puppies out in no time flat and it will only cost me about $8". My co-worker really liked the purses and she said that her daughter would love one. So I offered to make one for her. Off to my stash I went in search of the perfect yarn. Yarn found and I was off to knit one of these babies. Everything was going great the purse was looking very much like the ones we saw in the store. Now to felt it. I dropped it into the washer and sent it through one cycle and checked it. It hadn't felted enough so I put it through cycle #2. I pulled it out to check it and "Holy crap!" It had shrunk about 3 sizes. I started laughing which caught my husband's attention. He wanted to know what the comotion was about. I showed him the purse and he just cracked up laughing because he saw what it looked like pre-felted. It is so small you might be able to get your wallet into it but that is about all. Now when my hubby sees me knitting something, the big joke is "what are you knitting now....a towel to shrink into a washcloth?" "Very funny Hun," I told him. This is the first time I have had a felted project go haywire.

I am leaving later today and will be gone until next Saturday evening. I am taking the state insurance property, casualty and law licensing classes this week and then a week from Saturday I will take the state licensing exam. So I don't fry my brain, I am taking a crochet project with me to work on in the evenings. I will post my progress when I get back. Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck - hope it all goes well. I'm looking for my won luck this week - last cycle of the fertility treatment that I've been undergoing. Looks like we both need to keep our fingers crossed!
SP9

Anonymous said...

HI - missed the 1st for commentng - again! So, here I am on the 2nd. I am going to send out parcel two in January, to avoid the Christmas mail problem - and to hopefully impart a little cheer to the post-Christmas blues.
SP9

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by to say hello. How are your Christmas preparations coming along? I have done no shopping yewt, but have some cunning plans? What do you do on the day? Do you have family over, do you go to them? I have my mum and dad and now that they are a little older, they stay the night so that they don't have to do a 2hr drove late at night. They also bring their yappy poodle.....
SP9