Success Is The Best Revenge!

Today I completed step 4 of the hiring process for the insurance sales position. No that is not a mistake....I had a 3rd interview this morning. When I got home from work this afternoon I had a message from the insurance office. I immediately got on the phone and called them back and I was offered the position. I go in on Wednesday to finalize everything such as hours, salary, benefits, etc. I am totally ecstatic right now!

This employment search has been a complete emotional roller coaster.

I lost my job at the doctors' office back in January due to the fact that one of the doctors that I was working for was diagnosed with cancer and they made some major changes and down scaled their office and my position was eliminated. The job market where I live is very competitive and there really are not a lot of job openings. I spent the first four months collecting unemployment and searching for work. I was getting to the point of desperation so I took the position at our local pizza restaurant back in May just so I could get out of the house and make more than I was getting on unemployment. Well this job was working out just fine for a while, but it really wasn't what I wanted to be doing for a career plus it was running havoc on my feet. So at the beginning of August I put my career search in overdrive. I can't tell you the number of positions I applied for. I was called to a couple of interviews but for the most part never heard anything back from any of the employers. I take that back, I did receive one letter from one employer saying thanks for your resume but we have decided to hire someone else. Then I heard from a friend that works for a mortgage company that she knew of a position that the insurance office was interviewing for. I called their office to get more information and they asked me to drop off my resume and scheduled an interview.

So that is how I got to this point.


I plan to become very successful in this new career and I hope my name becomes well known. And then I will sit back and smile and think about my favorite motto...

"Success Is The Best Revenge!"

3 comments:

Pam said...

Congrats Terri! I bet you'll be fantastic at your new job!

sheep#100 said...

congrats

LG said...

Congratulations Teri!!! You must be very proud!