Information Overload

Today was day 3 at my new job. So far I am really enjoying it. Right now though I am dealing with information overload. I am learning soooooo much! I am taking online classes while I am working and learning the functions of my position. I will be heading to Portland the last week of November to take a week long class and then I take the state exam to become licensed in Property and Casualty and this is just the beginning of the licensing process. Right now I am working on getting licensed in Bank Securities. I should be fully licensed by the end of January.

The thing that has been the hardest for me with this new job is having to get up so early in the morning to get ready for work. I am NOT a morning person! I am a night owl and I am having to force myself to go to bed at a decent time which really isn't that bad because I am actually pretty tired by the time 10:00 p.m. rolls around. The problem is that my body/internal clock is so used to staying up late that once I go to bed I lay there and toss and turn for a couple of hours. Last night I decided to take a sleeping aid (tylenol pm) which did help me sleep but it took too long to kick in and then this morning I felt drugged. So tonight I am just going to go find something really boring on TV and see what happens.....LOL

Funky Scarf Swap Update.....


I have been working on the scarf for this exchange. I found the perfect yarn, but deciding on a pattern was a different story. I have started and frogged the scarf about 10 times because I just haven't liked the patterns. I finally found a pattern and modified it a little. I will be posting a picture of my progress later this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As your swap partner, I'm interested to see what you're making! I've cast on about 5 different scarves for you as well! I made one scarf....as an experiment and considered sending it to you, but it has green in it, so it's mine! I was sad to give it away anyway. So now I'm deep into the next scarf.

What I love about doing the swaps is that it forces me to make design choices that I might not otherwise make. And allows me to be creative.

Job sounds exciting, now you just have to change your internal clock!