Unwanted visitor

If you don't like reptiles, you won't want to read this post.

We had an unwanted visitor this afternoon. My daughter called me to the backyard to see what our cat was playing with. I was beckoned with, "Mom, come see what the cat is playing with.......it is HUGE!" I knew instantly what she was all excited about because we have had these in our backyard before. They are actually quite harmless even though they look terrifying if you don't like reptiles. I personally don't mind these creatures as long as I know they are there.

Okay if you have stuck around this long then you must not be too concerned about what I am about to post. So here it is.....we had a Kingsnake pay us a visit this afternoon and my cat, Willow, was in kitty vs. reptile heaven.

The Kingsnake is harmless and infact got its name because they are the king of snakes. Why are they the king of snakes?......Well it is because they actually will eat other snakes, and is most famous for eating rattlesnakes, copperheads and coral snakes. Since we live on the fringe of the forrest and actually do have rattlesnakes in the hills around us, I am quite happy to have these snakes around, just not in my backyard.

Here is a picture for your viewing pleasure.


Since my hubby despises snakes very much and doesn't care what their purpose is whether good or bad, he killed the snake. So for all of you that hate snakes, there is one less snake in this world.

1 comment:

anja said...

Rest in peace, royal reptile.